Forums Events Restaurants Articles Farms Caterers Subscribe! My Account

North Carolina BBQ Forums Q&A

Got Questions? We've got Answers!
Welcome to North Carolina BBQ Forums QA Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Why are there time gaps in the posts? - The forums were taken offline in ~2013 and were (finally) restored in 2023. Feel free to start a new thread or reply to an existing one.

Memphis Barbecue Company

Last post 01-22-2013, 1:25 PM by Another_Q_Lover. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-22-2013, 1:25 PM 489

Memphis Barbecue Company

Just found out about a new Q-joint in Fayetteville and my wife and I had to try it out. The "Memphis Barbecue Company" has opened its second restaurant (the first being in Mississippi), and it is WONDERFUL!!!
    Owners are Melissa Cookston (pitmaster of Yazoo's Delta Q of Memphis In May and Memphis Barbecue Network fame - 4 time WORLD BBQ Champion!!!) and John Wheeler (pitmaster of Natural Born Grillers). I judged Melissa in Charlotte when she won the BBQ & Blues Festival competition in 2010.

The pulled pork was fairly moist and tender with a good pork flavor by itself, and really good with the sweet as well as the spicy sauces. I wasn't impressed with the vinegar (NC style) sauce. Beef brisket was truly good as well, sliced fairly thin, moist and tender without falling apart. Sides were only okay (beans without any meat, mac & cheese was almost too cheesy, french fries were some of the best I've ever had!).
    They serve a basket of pork skins with a wee bit of rub on them as an appetizer while you look at the menu. Sweet tea was good, but $2.49 for a glass is a bit much IMHO.
    They think a lot of their food (kind of expensive), but the quality is worth it! I picked up a bottle of their spicy sauce to take home for $7.

Compared to all the other Q-joints in the Fayetteville area this is the BEST without compare!!!
    Check it out and let me know what you think!
    Tom (aka "Another_Q_Lover" & "BBQ.TOM")
    CMJ w/ KCBS
    CBJ w/ MBN, NCPC, NCBS, & NCBBQA
    OBJ w/ BBQ Critic.com
    CTC w/ KCBS
    Pitmaster and Chef - 4 Lil' Pigs Competition Barbecue Team
    Author of "A 'Q' Review"
View as RSS news feed in XML